Found Objects 19/06/12Posted: June 19, 2012
Another conglomeration of interest piquers for you:
- Scientists have found the first suggestion that Neanderthals made cave art and tis strangely exciting.
- Upon the realisation this review has two inclusions of the word “Thwunk!” it had to be included: Adrian Searle on Yoko Ono.
- The iconic artist comes out somewhat better from this encounter with filmmaker Sam Taylor Wood.
- C-Monster posts good pictures from a show of International Abstraction at the Guggenheim.
- Against the odds, Lucie Davies pins down the globetrotting Jeff Koons for an interview in The Telegraph.
- Art21 looks back on a time when artistic adventurers looked to absinthe for inspiration. Them were the days.
- Here’s a simple trick to making it big in art from Phaidon, only you might not want to risk it.
- Only Vice magazine would let an intern cover a trip to a theme park on acid. The intern’s girlfriend now surely deserves a job. (Thanks @hereisafantasy.)
- Loving this report about an artist who managed to reboot her identity, as told in a review by Beverley Knowles.
- Brian Dillon considers the maddening task of making art about the future. (It seems the future may now be a thing of the past.)
- The internet is a great leveller and Russell Herron’s new website completely flattens the art world (via Grey Area on FB)