Found Objects 16/07/12Posted: July 16, 2012
Greetings art lovers. Have some links from the week just gone:
- Having once left Facebook and been lured back, my hat goes off to Man Bartlett who turned his departure into performance art
- Few writers have ever got to grips with evil like author of The Kindly Ones, Jonathan Littell. Now he’s doing journalism in Syria.
- Tyler Green interviews the sloganeering Barbara Kruger on the Modern Art Notes podcast.
- Jayson Musson will soon be as famous as his alter ego Hennessy Youngman. Animal reports from his recent show of paintings of sorts.
- While not that impressed with her retrospective at Hayward, I have to say Tracey Emin’s show at Turner Contemporary sounds swoonsome.
- This on the other hand is gnarly: a film by Harry Dodge and Stanya Kahn which I came across this week in the course of research
- The next best thing to having been at Documenta? Why, there’s this longread review from Paris Review, who do that kind of thing inimicably.
- Graffiti writer and filmaker Tom Oswald writes a brilliant piece in the Guardian about the waning of tube art. Check it out.
- There should be more of this sort of thing. Vintage cultural programming from Art Fag City with Mike Wallace on op art.