Found Objects 24/07/12Posted: July 24, 2012
Not the most newsy of weeks, so go here for a Tate Tanks video. Otherwise:
- My dream gallery since I can but dream of going there. Hyperallergic pokes around in The State Tretyakove Gallery, Moscow.
- From that to this. A nightmare from the pages of Kafka turned into a sculpture currently on show at the New Museum, New York.
- Parisian street art proves to be a good many scalpel cuts above some of its urban rivals. Check out Thom Thom‘s work on Beautiful/Decay.
- Museum Nerd draws your attention to a new Ugly Renaissance Baby. Just who signed off this composition?
- The Telegraph send Mark Hudson north of the M25 to report from We Face Forward in Manchester, a vital reassessment of West African art.
- No matter what position you take on The Boss, this 17 page profile in the New Yorker is stunning journalism. Thanks to Adrian Hyland.
- Pipe write about Zizek and Hegel with refreshing enthusiasm. As a relative stranger to both writers I loved this post.
- Acerbic Alastair Gentry has found a remarkable doppelganger. And aptly enough, he’s laughing at you.
- Read and weep. Goldsmiths applications down 23% and Ben Street is at a final year show to report on the end of an era.
- Julian Opie has been making a bit of a buzz in London this week. Here’s one of the more genial reviews of his show at Lisson Gallery.