Found Objects 12/08/13Posted: August 12, 2013
Found Objects are back. Sorry to regular readers for the break:
- Freelance journalist Francesa Borri is working for $70 a story. That’s $70 to cover the frontline of the war in Syria. (via Jude Sheerin)
- Bomb magazine links the work of Gordon Matta-Clark and the Pompidou Centre in Paris, all via the writing of Francis Ponge.
- Here’s a thing. Artist Marc Ngui is illustrating a barely readable work of philosophy. So here are Deleuze & Guattari’s Thousand Plateaus as a no less mystifying diagram.
- If you haven’t seen these gestures for critical discussion, check them out. If you have seen them, it’s worth refreshing your memory. Very funny.
- The term emerging artist is a slippery one. But now IdeasTap have tried to nail it down with 22 signs that you may be one.
- This could be the most instructional gif ever. Watch the world breathe as the seasons change from the vantage point of space.
- Marina Abramovic continues to hob nob with pop stars, but this piece of advice from the venerable performance artist is probably a good ‘un. Do one thing at a time.
- A Park Avenue tunnel in New York has been turned into an interactive light show party, courtesy of Mexican artist Rafael Lozano-Hemmer.
- Damn, Bowie even looks good in his police mug shot. Memorabilia from a drugs bust in 1976 has just come to light in Rochester, NY. Nice piece.
- Last but not least, a sea fort near the Isle of Wight has been covered into a luxury hotel. If that doesn’t quite capture the imagination the pics should do.