Introducing a new section of the blog in which I collate comments overheard while in galleries. Part One: Miroslaw Balka – How It Is. Description: a vast metal crate which you can walk inside and experience near total darkness.
- “That is so freaky.”
- “It’s really weird. Go out there and walk back in again.”
- “I think it’s meant to give you a sense of fear. Did you get a sense of fear?”
- “You could walk into that wall. I guess that’s why it’s soft.”
- “Now I get it. On the outside you’re like…eurgh. But on the inside it’s all goin’ on.”
- “It’s not that dark, is it? Quite weird, but not that dark. Maybe you could get deeper in there.”
- “It’s an awesome view. You can see everyone and no one can see us.”